Tuesday 23 June 2015

Pirate Paddler at Beale Park

I would have given my eye teeth for one of  these when I was a kid. A fully armed pirate ship of my own! With gun! And parrot! And flags!
The Chipper Paddle Boat was designed by Netherlands-based Doug Halacre as a fun but safe boat for his grandchildren to get on the water. They were at Beale Park too, paddling round the lake like mad, clearly enjoying themselves immensely and learning boat skills as they went. They couldn't go far, being on a safety line, but as they were only about three that didn't worry them too much. Soon, I suspect, they will have the strength and ability to range more freely.
The Chipper Paddle Boat is available from Doug, who also supplies plans. See his web page for more details, or follow him on Facebook.

No comments: